Monday, May 16, 2011


I like the idea of the nostalgia for handwriting, I think we could also play around with the idea that everyone in todays age wants to show their individuality and uniqueness and handwriting and personalised graphics is the most personal medium to use. I read an interesting blog:





Also I think the idea of eclectic pages show the personalised aspect in a great way. I like the work of David Carson as a reference (some of his work below) Also I think we need to decide if we are creating our own artworks as a response to the questions we pose and who will focus on which topic.. ?!

















1 comment:

  1. Nostalgia is a good idea, but I think we need to gear or focus more on nostalgia and typography, rather than focusing on our own work. It would make a stronger publication if we didn't use our own examples, as proven in past publications of FFI. The music and typography issue shows the direct correlation of music and typographic elements. The 3d type publication wasn't as strong, nor was the imagery, which was supplied by the students.

    So maybe if we could some how tie nostalgia to typefaces of today... just a thought!

    ReplyDelete