Friday, March 4, 2011

Week 1 almost over!



Wow time flies. Week 1 of the COFA semester is almost over. I think that means it's time to remind you to check out the lecture I posted for you and the self-directed research activity.

Now I have been advised there was some issues with the Letterpress Studio (F209) last week. I have also been advised by Catherine Moline and Wing that this is resolved - Let's hope so because the group really needs to get in there and go for it with the process.

Also glad to see the few stragglers accepting invitations to join as authors. I have just sent out some invites for the second time to try and entice you all in here...

So - at the very real risk of repeating myself here is your task - I hope to see posts emerging over the weekend ready for Monday's studio.

Studio Research Task 1 (SR1):
due week 2
(Monday 12:00pm)

Select a typeface (eg: Helvetica) or a type-style (eg: Neo-Grotesque) on which you will focus in project 1. Collect a specimen for the type and write a 500 - word critique of its design. This written appraisal will include description of design features (for instance serifs, stroke weight, counters, proportion, suited applications), its classification, and information on its historical background and designer. Include a relevant reference list. Post to the class blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment