Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Decorative Fonts on Print & Outdoor // Si Scott



I'm working on a book for decorative fonts, and focused in one of the designers, Si Scott. I can't find his work in Sydney, however I took some photos of decorative fonts are used on the shops. I got them in City area.




Here are some works from Si Scott designs, they appear on print and outdoor. Images are from his site http://www.siscottstudio.com/ and some of the online gallery.







The double page spread of the book will be showing the conversation on his interview, which is talking about on his design, and his thinking on it.  Here's the 1st sample of the book cover and double page spread.


I meant to make the cover and layout simple to make the art work of the artist stands out, and using the colour Orange, is a Synonymy to the Eye-catching to the illustrated / decorative font of the Designers. However, for the first attempt the layout elements maybe conflicted with the ornamental  feel on the artwork. I'll be trying some more layouts and colour combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment